Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

SMS test fails with ERROR: Could not find all inputdata on any server

Shruti

Shruti Joshi
Hello,

I was testing CESM v2.1.2 with compset "I1850Clm50SpCru" and res "f09_g17" and "f19_g17.".
The timing files for these combinations weren't being generated.
So referring a previous post - https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/threads/timing-output-folder-missing-in-case-folder.5133/#post-35789,
I carried out SMS test as follows : SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru

But it gives the error:
ERROR: Could not find all inputdata on any server

As a variation i even tried SMS.f19_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru. Similar error seems to appear.

The TestStatus file content is as follows :

PASS SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu CREATE_NEWCASE
PASS SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu XML
PASS SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu SETUP
PASS SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu SHAREDLIB_BUILD time=68
PASS SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu MODEL_BUILD time=50
FAIL SMS.f09_g17.I1850Clm50SpCru.amd_gnu SUBMIT

Any help on the same would be appreciated.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
In the case directory run ./check_input_data --download
this will either download the data or let you know what the error is.

Shruti

Shruti Joshi
Hello,
I tried the above method. But still no progress.
It gave the following error:

Checking server None with protocol None
Client protocol None not enabled
ERROR: Could not find all inputdata on any server

Generally for other compsets, the setting in my config_inputdata.xml works and data does get downloaded.
I even tried to download with options mentioned in config_inputdata.xml file like :
./check_input_data --server ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/inputdata --protocol svn --download.

./check_input_data --server --protocol svn --server https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata --download : But this wasn't able to get svn username and pwd.

But still the same error.

Any other way to try this?
P.S. - Can you suggest any other compset which uses -llapack and -lblas libraries?
(Except B1850 and similar grouped- For B1850 i get the error "relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol ")

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't know why this one would fail if others work, did something get corrupted or do other compsets still work?

Yao

Hi, I think you need email to help@cgd.ucar.edu - let them know your ip address you are trying to connect from.
Then you can modify the config_inputdata.xml, change the password and modify the priority.