Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

SOM input data error

Hi,
I ran the cesm1.2.0 with E1850CN compset.
It required an SOM input data being UNSET. So i made a directory

mkdir ../../SOM/UNSET

The model was build successfully.
But upon running, i get the following error.(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: (shr_stream_getCalendar)  ERROR: nf90_open file /mnt/lustre/cas2/casadi/ipd_E1850CN/ocn/docn7/SOM/UNSET
(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping
Rank 0 [Sun Jul 12 05:19:40 2015] [c6-0c2s0n0] application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1001) - process 0
forrtl: error (76): Abort trap signalI searched withvi Buildconf/ docn.input_data_listand found the following domain1 = /mnt/lustre/cas2/casadi/ipd_E1850CN/ocn/docn7/SOM/UNSET
file1 = /mnt/lustre/cas2/casadi/ipd_E1850CN/ocn/docn7/SOM/UNSET
domainfile = /mnt/lustre/cas2/casadi/ipd_E1850CN/share/domains/domain.ocn.gx1v6.090206.nc

Please help me in getting over thisThank you very much

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
UNSET means that we do not provide a dataset for this experiment.   SOM datasets are by thier nature very large.  We have one example dataset in the repository pop_frc.1x1d.090130.nc .   We have defined a compset with this dataset: E1850C5TESTYou can use this as an example to then define and build your own SOM data file.  

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Please read the FAQ at:https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/faq-data-ocean-slab-mode-docn-somDave