Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

some problem

when I run the run-ibm.csh

Issuing command to the CICE configure utility:
/ngpfs/fs3/student/cam/models/ice/cice/bld/configure -hgrid 1.9x2.5 -cice_mode prescribed -ntr_aero 0 -ntasks 1 -nthreads 4 -cache config_cache_cice.xml -cachedir /ngpfs/fs3/student/camrun/bld
configure: CICE configure returned: -1
configure failed

Thank you very much

eaton

CSEG and Liaisons
Here are results when I run CAM's configure command set up to produce the same CICE configure command that you reported:

% $cfgdir/configure -dyn fv -hgrid 1.9x2.5 -ntasks 1 -nthreads 4
Issuing command to the CICE configure utility:
/project/cseg/eaton/cesm1_0/models/ice/cice/bld/configure -hgrid 1.9x2.5 -cice_mode prescribed -ntr_aero 0 -ntasks 1 -nthreads 4 -cache config_cache_cice.xml -cachedir /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx
configure done.
creating /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx/Filepath
creating /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx/misc.h
creating /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx/preproc.h
creating /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx/Makefile
creating /scratch/cluster/eaton/xxx/config_cache.xml
CAM configure done.

Is there any other output? I think the CICE configure should be echoing some information about why it is failing.

Dear sir
I run the configure in /ngpfs/fs3/student/cam/models/ice/cice/bld
the putout is
** Invalid CICE root directory: /ngpfs/fs3/student/cam/models/ice/cice/bld
** The CICE root directory must contain the subdirectory models/ice/cice/src/.
** It is derived from "config_dir/../../../.." where config_dir is the
** directory in the CICE distribution that contains the configuration
** scripts.

so I change the CICE root directory in configure
my $cice_root = /ngpfs/fs3/student/cam/models/ice/cice/src
but the putout is
Bareword found where operator expected at configure line 206, near "/ngpfs/fs3"
(Missing operator before fs3?)
syntax error at configure line 206, near "/ngpfs/fs3"
Execution of configure aborted due to compilation errors.

eaton

CSEG and Liaisons
The run-ibm.csh script is designed to be run from the batch queue. Could you just run the configure command interactively (there are instructions for this in the user guide if you need help), and add the -v argument to whatever other arguments you are currently using. This will put configure in a verbose mode. Please report the output from this. Also, please make sure that you are using a clean copy of the distributed code. Thanks.

eaton said:
The run-ibm.csh script is designed to be run from the batch queue. Could you just run the configure command interactively (there are instructions for this in the user guide if you need help), and add the -v argument to whatever other arguments you are currently using. This will put configure in a verbose mode. Please report the output from this. Also, please make sure that you are using a clean copy of the distributed code. Thanks.

You have so many aknowledge. I like this!