Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Some questions about 'CONTINUE_RUN'

ganbaranaito

takufuu
Hello everyone, I have some problems about 'CONTINUE_RUN'.

My work is crashed due to some reasons, then I change 'CONTINUE_RUN' from 'FALSE' to 'TRUE' in order to restart. So, I have a question. If my task is not crashed and it will continue running, are these results same with the results produced by restart run?

Thanks in advance!

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
A "CONTINUE_RUN" will give you the same results as a restart run. The "CONTINUE_RUN" is automatically doing a restart run when the previous run successfully finishes.

Chris

CGL

CGL
Why I set the CONTINUE_RUN = TRUE, but the model output the initial time as 0001-01? It seems like the model is restart but not continue run.
Shoud I set the REF_TIME? or other parameter?@fischer

slevis

You should use
CONTINUE_RUN = TRUE
after first starting a simulation as a startup, or branch, or hybrid.
When the first part of the simulation generates restart files and rpointer files, then you can use
CONTINUE_RUN = TRUE
to restart. The model will ignore the REF variables in this case.

Reactions: CGL

CGL

CGL
You should use
CONTINUE_RUN = TRUE
after first starting a simulation as a startup, or branch, or hybrid.
When the first part of the simulation generates restart files and rpointer files, then you can use
CONTINUE_RUN = TRUE
to restart. The model will ignore the REF variables in this case.
Yes. I change the CONTINUE_RUN to FASLE. The modle run as I wish and continue run by previous timestamp.