Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

source code modification

Rgh

I understand that when I use WACCM, some upper atmospheric physics and ion sources are considered automatically, such as auroral production.
I want to modify the source code, introduce a user-defined ionization profile into the model, and extract the electron density profile.
I tried "FWHIST" and "FWSD" compsets.
Can anyone provide hints on which part of the code (which WACCM module) should be changed to include a new ionization? And how?
Is there any documentation about this modification?
Thanks

Rgh

I copied SolarForcingCMIP6_*.nc file in the inputdata to one with a different name and modified epp_ion_rates, and then changed user_nl_cam to point out to my new file.
I used FWHIST and f09_f09_mg17 for the case.
But the output electron density profile did not change by applying the new ionization profile!
Could you please comment on that?
Thanks