Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Spin-up time of Control test and Sensitivity test

Yuexuanzi Wang

I am running a startup case which is coupled with full components (i.e. Control test), I wonder how long should to spin-up in oder to make the model achieve near equilibrium state?
On the basis of the Control test, if I only modify the anthropogenic emissions (i.e. Sensitivity test) and all other configurations are same with Control test, can I restart the completed spin-up Control test? In this case, Sensitivity test should to spin-up or not?
On the other hand, if Sensitivity test cannot restart on the basis of Control test, should it to run the same time with Control test until meeting near equilibrium state?
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

slevis

If you search the Forums with the word "spin" you will find several discussions on this topic. If you still have questions after reading these discussions and the User's Guide, please let us know.