Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

submit CASE using cesm.exe directively

K-H Gong

Kanghua Gong
Hello, I use the B1850 compset in CESM2.2.0 version. I just want to test the model validity. So I xmlchange STOP_OPTION=ndays and STOP_N=5. Because I use PBS batch system. I use my designed PBS file to submit case. I directively use the cesm.exe file to submit case. But it has runned 1000 mins and it seems wrong. I do not know why.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This is more of a porting issue. I will move it there. Can you provide the operating system and compiler information?

K-H Gong

Kanghua Gong
This is more of a porting issue. I will move it there. Can you provide the operating system and compiler information?
This is my config files. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• config_batch.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
  • config_compilers.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
  • config_machines.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 0

K-H Gong

Kanghua Gong
I also have a quetion. All the progress is successful. But I just can not submit. So I designed PBS file to submit job. In cesm1.2.2, I directively use ${case}.run to submit and it had no error. In CESM2.2.0, It does not work well. I confused whether CESM2.2 version can not qsub case.run directively. Can I use cesm.ece directively. But I met the error it can not stop