Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

surfdata in paleoclimate periods

zpc

zpc
Dear staff,

I would like to use CLM5 to simulate global vegetation distribution during different paleoclimate periods (Eocene/Late Miocene/Mid Pliocene/LGM/Holocene/Mid Holocene/past 1000). Could you please guide me on where to obtain surface data (surfdata) for these different time periods?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards.

nick

Herold
This file has to be created for each time period. For which you need distributions of topography and vegetation. Once you have this information the paleoclimate toolkit will get you part the way there, but the toolkit only deals with CLM4 (maybe up to 4.5), whereas CLM5 requires a modified process (which I'm near the end of getting through myself). Hope that helps.