Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

There is a problem with the model output

weixinyu

weixinyu
Dear all
When I run the model, I define the output variable inside user_nl_clm hist_mfilt = 12, hist_nhtfrq = 0, I want to output the yearly average data, and I set history_n=1,history_option=nyears in drv_in, but my final result is very messy, it shows that clm2.h0 is the yearly average but cpl.hi is the monthly average, and I don't know what to do here! I don't know how to set it here. I have the following questions
1、I want to output the yearly and monthly average result, how should I set it in user_nl_clm and drv_in?
2、I want to define the output variables in user_nl_clm, but I don't know what the abbreviations of the output variables stand for, where can I find this content?
I've put a picture of the output below and would appreciate a definitive reply, thank you very much!

Attachments

• 1728402422378.png
    1728402422378.png
    953.8 KB · Views: 3

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
hist_mfilt=12 and hist_nhtfrq=0 won't give you yearly average data, it will give you monthly average data with 12 months per history file.
If you want yearly average data you'd do something like hist_mfilt=1, hist_nhtfrq=-8760, where 8760 is the number of hours in a year.
You can find a list of output (history) variables in the User's Guide: