Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

TOGA / GOGA SST files

atmospherics

atmospherics
Dear all,

I am looking for the SST forcing files for TOGA and GOGA experiments, I can't find them on Derecho (If there are any), can anyone tell me?

I need them for spatial analysis purpose, thanks a lot!

Solution
Thanks Mike! I am guessing that @atmospherics is looking for the sst/ice files that are used to force the AMIP and Tropical-AMIP simulations that you pointed to. The newest sst/ice forcing files for those types of simulations can be found here:
/glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/cam_input_data/sst_ERSSTv5_bc_0.9x1.25_1870_2022_c220406.nc (AMIP)
/glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/cam_input_data/sst_ERSSTv5_bc_0.9x1.25_1870_2022_toga_c220406.nc (Tropical AMIP)
These files use ERSSTv5 sst in place of HadISST/OISSTv2 sst. (HadISST/OISSV2 ice is still used.)

@atmospherics If I am incorrect about what you are after please let me know.

mlevy

Michael Levy
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
According to this page, TOGA is in /glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/f.e10.F2000CN.f09_f09.vamip.toga and GOGA is in /glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/f.e10.F2000CN.f09_f09.vamip. Unfortunately, these directories are not world-readable -- I'll reach out to the owner of that data and see if it can be made available (assuming these are the runs you are looking for)

Vote Upvote 1 Downvote

mlevy

Michael Levy
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
A more recent run is documented on this page, and points to the following output:

TOGA: /glade/campaign/cesm/development/cvcwg/cvwg/f.e21.FHIST_FSSP370.f09_f09.ersstv5.toga
GOGA: /glade/campaign/cesm/development/cvcwg/cvwg/f.e21.FHIST_FSSP370_BGC.f09_f09.ersstv5.goga/

In each of those directories are directories for the 20 ensemble members (10 historical, 10 SSP370). For each of the 20 TOGA subdirectories, you'll find the SST file in atm/month_1; for GOGA, they are in atm/proc/tseries/month_1 (just search for *.SST.*.nc)

Vote Upvote 1 Downvote

asphilli

Adam Phillips
CVCWG Liaison
Staff member
Thanks Mike! I am guessing that @atmospherics is looking for the sst/ice files that are used to force the AMIP and Tropical-AMIP simulations that you pointed to. The newest sst/ice forcing files for those types of simulations can be found here:
/glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/cam_input_data/sst_ERSSTv5_bc_0.9x1.25_1870_2022_c220406.nc (AMIP)
/glade/campaign/cgd/cas/asphilli/cam_input_data/sst_ERSSTv5_bc_0.9x1.25_1870_2022_toga_c220406.nc (Tropical AMIP)
These files use ERSSTv5 sst in place of HadISST/OISSTv2 sst. (HadISST/OISSV2 ice is still used.)

@atmospherics If I am incorrect about what you are after please let me know.

Vote Upvote 1 Downvote
Solution