Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Tutorial

sea_ice_modeling

Abdul
Hi Dear,

I am interested on simulating the surface temperature, snow and ice thickness variations with the column-physics.
The model I would like to compare ice-pack is a vertical grid model. I have already compiled a case in
icepack but the result it gives me aren't our expectation. Could any one please guide me through tutorial
or anything that can assist me?

Thanks.

duvivier

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Abdul,
The CICE Consortium maintains the Icepack sea ice model. We have extensive documentation online through our GitHub page: CICE-Consortium/About-Us.

Additionally, for each Icepack release we have posted sample output against which you could compare to verify that the model is behaving correctly for your integrations: CICE-Consortium/Icepack

Good luck,
Alice

sea_ice_modeling

Abdul
Hi Alice,

Thanks for your response. In fact I have made some simulation and the results are not my expectation. See the attached curves
one containing two graphs are my expectation and the two separates are from icepack. I have plotted the snow and ice thickness.

Thanks.

Attachments

• expected results.png
    expected results.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 3
  • ice_diag.icefree_avg_ice_thickness.png
    ice_diag.icefree_avg_ice_thickness.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ice_diag.icefree_avg_snow_depth.png
    ice_diag.icefree_avg_snow_depth.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 2