Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Updating Compilers/modules

cgolja

Colleen
Hello!
I'm running CESM 2.1.3 on the Cannon cluster and I've been successful thus far. Last week I encountered a wedging issue and was advised to update the versions of openmpi, netcdf netcdf_fortran and intel that I was using:
module load intel/21.2.0-fasrc01
module load openmpi/4.1.1-fasrc01
module load netcdf/4.8.1-fasrc01
module load netcdf-fortran/4.5.3-fasrc01

I modified these in the attached files; my bash.rc script, and the config_machine.xml file in my $home_dir/.cime/ directory.

My model failed to build with these new settings-I've pulled the log files from the bld folder and attached them here.
I'm just wondering if I failed to edit any other locations with the updated module load statements; or if anyone can help me sort out the error I'm seeing. Before these edits the particular version of the model I'm using was building/running/scaling as expected on our machine.

Thanks for any advice,
Colleen

Attachments

• config_pio.txt
    153 bytes · Views: 0
  • config_machines.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
  • config_compilers.txt
    785 bytes · Views: 0
  • config_batch.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
  • version.txt