Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Using meteorology at 32 vertical levels with FCSD compset

anushree

Hi,
In the CAM6-Chem user guide link - https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/camchem/Meteorology in the section Defining Meteorology for specified dynamics (on met field levels),the following lines are written

Using meteorology at 32 vertical levels (written by Rebecca Buchholz)​

We have recently found that MERRA2 regridded to the CESM2, 32 layer grid could produce better results because the internal model physics is consequently aligned better with the nudged meteorology. In order to use 32 layer specified dynamics, in step 6 of running CAM-chem on Cheyenne invoke:

./xmlchange CAM_CONFIG_OPTS='-phys cam6 -chem trop_strat_mam4_vbs -age_of_air_trcs -offline_dyn -nlev 32'
Then follow the instructions above, but for 32L MERRA2 meteorology, located at: /glade/p/cesm/chwg_dev/met_data/MERRA2/L32/0.9x1.25/

The initialization files will also need to be 32 layers.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Kindly provide me with the link for the intialization file and MERRA2 32L files in your subversion directory as it is not possible for me to access glade.
Regards,
Anushree

Zoey

Zhuyi Wang
你好,
在 CAM6-Chem 用户指南链接 - Meteorology - CAM-Chem - wiki.ucar.edu的“为指定动态定义气象学”部分(在气象场级别)中,写入以下行

在 32 个垂直层面使用气象学(作者:Rebecca Buchholz)​

我们最近发现,MERRA2 重新网格化为 CESM2、32 层网格可以产生更好的结果,因为内部模型物理因此与微推气象学更好地保持一致。为了使用 32 层指定的动力学,在Cheyenne 上运行 CAM-chem 的步骤 6 中调用:

./xmlchange CAM_CONFIG_OPTS='-phys cam6 -chem trop_strat_mam4_vbs -age_of_air_trcs -offline_dyn -nlev 32'
然后按照上面的说明进行操作,但对于 32L MERRA2 气象,位于:/glade/p/cesm/chwg_dev/met_data/MERRA2/L32/0.9x1.25/

初始化文件也需要是 32 层。
****************************************************** ****************************************************** ****************************************************** ****************************************************** ******
请向我提供您的 subversion 目录中的初始化文件和 MERRA2 32L 文件的链接,因为我无法访问空地。
问候,
阿努什里
Hi, Could you please tell me what your bndtopo file is? I've changed my FCSD level to 32. Here is my error:
InputData/atm/cam/met/MERRA2/0.9x1.25/fv_0.9x1.25_nc3000_Nsw042_Nrs008_Co060_Fi001_ZR_sgh30_24km_GRNL_MERRA2_c171218.nc
hycoef_read: ERROR: file lev does not match model. lev (file, model): 56 32