Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

What aerosol species does CICE use?

Hi Everyone~In the CICE description, it says "only the first 3 are used in CESM, for their 3 aerosol species".Do you know what these aerosol species are exactly?Or in the output files, does anyone know what aeroiceint001, aeroiceint002 and aeroiceint003 stand for? I mean 001, 002 and 003. Are they the aforementioned three species? Moreover, where can I find all these info? I tried google, users guide and model description.Thank you very much!

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You can look in ice_import_export.F90 to see the answer here, but short answer is that 001 is hydrophobic black carbon, 002 is hydrophillic black carbon, and 003 is all the dust.Dave