Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

what cause the error of no convergence

I have changed the kmt data of pop ,but the model failed .the error is  no convergence. what would cause the error?can anyone help me solving the problem? 

The "no convergence" error means that the model cannot iteratinely solve one of the equations. The iterative method knows it is moving further away from the solution (rather than converging on it), so aborts rather than getting stuck in an endless loop.

I don't really know enough to say what equation the model can't solve, but guess that it's something to do the KMT values you've changed. It could be that the bathymetry you've just added has a change that is too sharp, in which case smoothing it may help.

Hope that helps,
Chris