Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Where do i find the f.e22.FCnudged.ne30_ne30_mg17.release-cesm2.2.0_spinup.2010_2020.001.cam.i.{date}-00000.nc file

Lumoss

Hi,

To run CAM-chem, I will need to regrid an existing CAM-chem IC file to my new grid. Use $IPT/Initial_conditions/regrid_all_spectral_data.ncl, but I can't find these files: /glade/p/acom/MUSICA/init/ne30_ne30/f.e22.FCnudged.ne30_ne30_mg17.release-cesm2.2.0_spinup.2010_2020.001.cam.i.{date}-00000.nc"

What are these files for? Does anyone know where I can get these files? I would appreciate it!

Lumos

rrbuchholz

Rebecca Buchholz
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Lumos,

These are initialization files. Initialization files are written out from a previous CESM simulation and specify initial states of chemical fields, instead of needing to spin up the model from zero. You need to choose one file with the date appropriate for your simulation. You need to replace the "{date}" with the date of your chosen file.

There are initialization files in that location you mentioned:
/glade/p/acom/MUSICA/init/ne30_ne30/

In that folder, initialization files are available monthly from:
2010-02-01 to
2021-04-01

I hope that helps.
Best,
Rebecca

Lumoss

Hi Lumos,

These are initialization files. Initialization files are written out from a previous CESM simulation and specify initial states of chemical fields, instead of needing to spin up the model from zero. You need to choose one file with the date appropriate for your simulation. You need to replace the "{date}" with the date of your chosen file.

There are initialization files in that location you mentioned:
/glade/p/acom/MUSICA/init/ne30_ne30/

In that folder, initialization files are available monthly from:
2010-02-01 to
2021-04-01

I hope that helps.
Best,
Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Does this date match my simulation? Also, I don't have a cheyenne account, where do I get these files?

Best,
Lumos

rrbuchholz

Rebecca Buchholz
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Lumos,

Which date are you looking for? Which initial condition file are you currently using when you test-run the model?

Best,
Rebecca

Lumoss

Hi Lumos,

Which date are you looking for? Which initial condition file are you currently using when you test-run the model?

Best,
Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,

In fact, as I was creating the new grid, I used the Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit/VRM_tools/gen_CAMncdata tool to generate my initial condition file.

Some Settings:
Code:
CESMROOT="/home/src_cesm2_3_beta08/"
INTERPIC="${CESMROOT}/components/cam/tools/interpic_new/interpic"
LEVELFILE="/home/cesminputdata/atm/cam/inic/cam_vcoords_L32_c180105.nc"
INTERPFILE="/home/cesminputdata/atm/cam/inic/fv/cami-mam4_0000-01-01_0.9x1.25_L32_c150403.nc"

Generate file "cami-mam4_0000-01-01_<my grid name>_L32_c230905.nc".

Best,
Lumos

Lumoss

Hi

I want to get data for 2019, how do I get these files without a Cheyenne account? Also, if I want to simulate a whole year, does the month of the file matter?

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Lumos

Lumoss

Hi Lumos,

Best,
Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,

I need this file: "/glade/p/acom/MUSICA/init/ne30_ne30/f.e22.FCnudged.ne30_ne30_mg17.release-cesm2.2.0.2015_2020.001.cam.i.2018-11-01-00000.nc" could you send it to me? I would appreciate it!

Best,
Lumos

Lumoss

The new location of the initial condition files is here: /glade/campaign/acom/acom-weather/MUSICA/init/ne30_ne30