Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Where I can find the surf emission or LBCs for CFC-12 and CFC-11?

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you could help point me towards the files containing the data for either the surf emission or lower boundary conditions for CFC-12 and CFC-11.

Thanks for your help!!

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Howard,

You can find the CFC-11 and CFC-12 forcings for a given CAM or CESM run by looking in the atm_in file in your run directory (which if you don't have it can be generated by running preview_namelists in your case directory). In that file you can search for "CFC", which should either be in the chem_surfvals_nl group, where the flbc_file is what contains the data for the surface values, or in the chem_inparm group, where it should point to the file that is providing either the surface emissions (srf_emis_specifier) or the 3-D "emissions" (ext_frc_specifier).

Please note that which option the model is using will likely vary depending on the chemistry package that was chosen.

Anyways, I hope that helps, and have a great day!

Jesse

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member