Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

xao_ox or x2oacc_ox ?

Mikasa

sky
Hello, I noticed that some components of the xao_ox and x2oacc_ox have the same name, such as :
x2oacc_Foxx_taux, x2oacc_Foxx_tauy, x2oacc_Foxx_lat, x2oacc_Foxx_sen, x2oacc_Foxx_swnet
xaoo_Faox_taux, xaoo_Faox_tauy, xaoo_Faox_lat, xaoo_Faox_sen, xaoo_Faox_swdn
The xao_ox and x2oacc_ox are both involved in the atm/ocn flux calculation. I want to know which one of them is passed to the ocn as input forcing to affect the ocn state ? Variables with prefix xaoo or x2oacc ?

Mikasa

sky
Hi Mikasa,

The x2oacc variables are passed to the ocean.
Hi fischer,

Thank you very much for your reply ! After my study on the code for calculating atm/ocn flux, I found that xao_ox is the key variable storing the calculation results of atm/ocn flux. Together with a2x_ox, i2x_ox and so on, xao_ox will be merged into the x2o_ox, which will be copied to x2oacc_ox later. As a result, the x2oacc_ox collects input from all other components to the ocean. That is to say, xaoo_Faox_taux only gives part of the value of x2oacc_Foxx_taux.

Is my understanding of the work flow right ? I am looking forward to your reply.