Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

1850_CAM60_CLM50%BGC-CROP_CICE_POP2%ECO%ABIO-DIC_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BDRD not scientifically supported?

bcash@gmu_edu

I am attempting to duplicate and branch from the DECK 2-degree runs, and believe I have created the correct settings using B1850 and the f19_g17 grid. However, when I did this I got the message saying "This compset and grid combination is not scientifically supported, however it is used in 10 tests." Given that this was part of the CMIP6 runs I would expect it to be scientifically supported. Have I made an error in setting up the case?

bcash@gmu_edu

Unless I am misreading something yes, that is the exact compset. I also took the create_newcase command from the READMEcase for a clone I made of that run, so it seems like everything should be exact.

strandwg

Staff member
Unless I am misreading something yes, that is the exact compset. I also took the create_newcase command from the READMEcase for a clone I made of that run, so it seems like everything should be exact.

Hmmm. I'm not sure why you're getting that error. Someone more familiar with running the model will have to chime in.