Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

A error in using surfdata with cesm1_2_1

Dear sir or madam:I am running the CESM1_2_1 with CLM4.5. I have succefully created the single point surface data by myself followed by the steps on userguide,but when I running the model, the error occurs in the lnd.log as follows: Opened existing file /vol6/home/cmip_fang/mydata/lnd/clm2/surfdata_map/surfdata_1x1_maduo_simyr2000. nc      131072 ncd_inqvid: variable LAKEDEPTH is not on dataset WARNING:: LAKEDEPTH not found on surface data set. All lake columns will have l ake depth set equal to default value. ncd_inqvid: variable ETALAKE is not on dataset WARNING:: ETALAKE not found on surface data set. All lake columns will have eta  set equal to default value as a function of depth. ncd_inqvid: variable LAKEFETCH is not on dataset WARNING:: LAKEFETCH not found on surface data set. All lake columns will have f etch set equal to default value as a function of depth. ncd_inqvid: variable SLOPE is not on dataset ENDRUN:iniTimeConst ERROR: TOPOGRAPHIC SLOPE NOT on surfdata fileIt means that the variable SLOPE doesn't exist on dataset , but when I examine the data , the parameter SLOPE is actually exists as follows:data:  SLOPE =  1.85376583267798 ; I don't what causes the problem,please help me!