Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About ./case.build --skip-provenance-check Running Error

peng

peng
Hello

I encountered an error 'ERROR: BUILD FAIL: buildexe failed, cat cess. bldlog.230816-221827' while running . /case.build --skip-provenance-check.I checked the file and found '
Building a single executable version of target coupled model
ERROR: Command make exec_se -j 8 EXEC_SE=/data4/pengzhuohao/CLM5/clm5.0/output/case4/bld/cesm.exe MODEL=driver LIBROOT=/data4/pengzhuohao/CLM5/clm5.0/output/case4/bld/lib -f /data4/pengzhuohao/CLM5/clm5.0/cime/scripts/case4/Tools/Makefile failed rc=2
out=cat: Srcfiles: No such file or directory
/data4/pengzhuohao/CLM5/clm5.0/cime/scripts/case4/Tools/mkSrcfiles
cp -f Filepath Deppath',And in subsequent runs, we found issues with libnetcdf, but did not display ERROR, I have no clue about him. If you could provide help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Attachments

• cesm.bldlog.230816-221827.txt
    66.4 KB · Views: 13

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like you are properly linking libnetcdff (the netcdf fortran library), but you also need libnetcdf (the netcdf c library).

peng

peng
It looks like you are properly linking libnetcdff (the netcdf fortran library), but you also need libnetcdf (the netcdf c library).
Thank you for your answer. Following your reply, I have made modifications and successfully resolved this issue. Thank you again

Mengyao Xu

徐梦瑶
Thank you for your answer. Following your reply, I have made modifications and successfully resolved this issue. Thank you again
Hi!I met the exact same problem during building process, and the error in cesmlog is also the same as yours, I wonder if you could share how you added the netcdf-c lib? Is it done in the config_machines.xml? Thanks a lot!

Mengyao Xu

徐梦瑶
By the way, my cesmlog showed another error in the end of the logfile (just like Peng's) : ld: cannot find -lblas. I wonder if this means that I need to add BLAS_LIBDIR in config_compilers.xml?
But based on my knowledge, BLAS is included in LAPACK, so I get quite confused that cesmlog says llapack can be found but lblas not.
Sorry for bothering you, thanks again!