Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About the actual albedo of the surface

lby

lby
There are only some (ALB_IMPROAD_DIF, ALB_IMPROAD_DIR, ALB_PERROAD_DIF, ALB_PERROAD_DIR, ALB_ROOF_DIF, ALB_ROOF_DIR, ALB_WALL_DIF, and ALB) in the input data of the model _WAL L_DIR) about the albedo property, so how do I see the actual albedo of the entire surface at the time of model input? How should I calculate or output this variable? I really need this variable information and look forward to your help!

slevis

The model calculates albedo, so you cannot know or see the albedo of the entire surface at the time of model input.

However, you can see the simulated albedo of the entire surface by looking at the output. For example the model outputs FSR (reflected radiation) and FSDS (incoming radiation). Albedo is the ratio FSR/FSDS.

lby

lby
The model calculates albedo, so you cannot know or see the albedo of the entire surface at the time of model input.

However, you can see the simulated albedo of the entire surface by looking at the output. For example the model outputs FSR (reflected radiation) and FSDS (incoming radiation). Albedo is the ratio FSR/FSDS.
Thank you so much for your help slevis!