Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About the old version of CCSM3 on yellowstone

Hi, there I have the following questions: There are many versions of T31gx3v5, such as beta14, beta31.., whichwere kept on bluefire. Now the NCAR machine switches to yellowstone, on which there is only version beta33 available. I am wondering 1) Are the old versions still available somewhere? Is there some log filerecording the changes between different versions? 2) Is there a functionality built in the NCAR code system through which I can swap code with the version I want to change?
Thanks a lot!

BestW

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The CCSM3 versions that you are refering to predate our current version control system and we do not support version control functionality in those versions.   Please consider moving to a new version of the code.