Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About the problem of SSP585 simulation with CESM2

Yue Zhang
Dear forum:
I'm interested in running experiments to explore how altered surface CO2 emission can influence atmospheric CO2.
I want to do this using ssp585 scenarios.We used the CESM 2.1.3.

I have the following compset: BSSP585cmip6:
longNAME=SSP585_CAM60_CLM50%BGC-CROP-CMIP6DECK_CICE%CMIP6_POP2%ECO%ABIO-DIC_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BDRD
Due to constraint of computing resource , we want to used Grid 1.9x2.5,
We processed the data to 1.9x2.5 using bilinear resampling,
atm/cam/ggas/emissions-cmip6_CO2_anthro_surface_ScenarioMIP_IADMA ssp585_201401-210112_fv_0.9x1.25_c20190207.nc

and in env_run.xml, the following settings:
CCSM_BGC=CO2C
<entry id="CAM_NAMELIST_OPTS" >
<entry id="CLM_NAMELIST_OPTS" value="use_init_interp=.true.">

<entry id="CLM_CO2_TYPE" value="prognostic">
<entry id="OCN_CO2_TYPE" value="prognostic">

However, we are puzzed to the result of BSSP585cmip6 that is similar to BSSP370cmip6, after running the case.
I choose BSSP585cmip6. could I do this? it is both prognostic CO2 ,I don't know what's wrong.
Why does this happen

very much hoping for reply if anyone konws.

Thanks in advance
zhang yue

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Can you explain what you mean when you say, "However, we are puzzed to the result of BSSP585cmip6 that is similar to BSSP370cmip6, after running the case." Do you mean that the model results are exactly the same? Or that certain variables are the same? Or something else?

Also, can you please describe the steps you took to set up your case in more detail? Please see Information to include in help requests for guidance on information to include.