Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Additional PFTs but how to revise a large number of parameters correspondingly?

mengqi

mj
My apologies if the question has been answered elsewhere. I'm a new developer to CLM5. My question is about additional PFTs.

I am currently working on adding three additional PFTs, i.e. their indexes would be 79, 80, 81. There seem to be three components to be revised, including code, surface data, and CLM parameters.

I guess I finished up the code part; however, I came across a challenge. Given that I should change a large number of variables in the surface and parameters files (nc.files), are there some useful materials about how to largely revise clm5 nc files? For example, are there some Python scripts to revise many coordinations and variables? My current method (using xarray) seems to be quite time-consuming.

I really appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks!

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not aware of any out of the box scripts to change variables on the surface dataset. Regarding making changes to the parameter file, this might be helpful: