Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

AMWG Package

NewBoy

New Boy
Dear all,
I've managed to run the results on a supercomputer for two years, for example, running the results for two years, with an average monthly output file, there will be 24 data files. I think most of us would like to batch process these files, draw graphics, etc. I know that NCAR has AMWG package to do such things, and I think the AMWG package has very powerful functions and beautiful graphics. I have checked the general content about AMWG on the official website about NCAR, but there is no detailed instructions on how to use it. Could you give me some guidance on this, and I am looking forward to your reply. Or other processing tools can be used to draw the batch NC files directly on the supercomputer

Thanks!

NewBoy

New Boy
First of all, thank you for your answer. In fact, I have already downloaded this AMWG package to my supercomputer account and have seen the content. Maybe I need to learn it by myself, hahaha, thanks!

NewBoy

New Boy
Have you seen the directions at: AMWG Diagnostics Package | Where to Find the Code

On this web page, there is a link to the script which you edit: https://www.cgd.ucar.edu/amp/amwg/diagnostics/script/diag_top

Once you have downloaded the package and edited the script, you simply execute the script and you should get the results.
First of all, thank you for your answer. In fact, I have already downloaded this AMWG package to my personal supercomputer account and have seen the content. Maybe I need to study it myself, hahaha, thanks

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
Unfortunately, the
AMWG diagnostics package
is not supported anymore, although any people are still able to make it run on their machine.

In 2018, the AMWG diagnostics package was replaced by
CESM Python Post Processing
But unfortunately, this tool is only working on cheyenne (the NCAR supercomputer).

We are currently developing a new tool:
Atmospheric Diagnostics Framework (ADF)
You might want to wait a bit as it is still in development mode. But it will be similar to the AMWG diagnostics package when ready.

NewBoy

New Boy
Unfortunately, the
AMWG diagnostics package
is not supported anymore, although any people are still able to make it run on their machine.

But unfortunately, this tool is only working on cheyenne (the NCAR supercomputer).

You might want to wait a bit as it is still in development mode. But it will be similar to the AMWG diagnostics package when ready.
Thank you for your reply and look forward to the early success of ADF development

NewBoy

New Boy
Unfortunately, the
AMWG diagnostics package

Hello, I'm sorry to bother you, I have another question. Is ADF developed in Python?

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Yes, the ADF is being developed in Python and there are a couple of local hackathons scheduled for December to aid in its development.