Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

aqua planet SST distribution

brianpm

I'd like to change the analytic SST distribution in the aqua planet mode, but I've been having some difficulty finding the code I need to modify. I've been using the "source code browser," but either I am missing something, or there isn't an obvious place to make the change (my guess is that I'm missing something). Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks.

Brian,

I have altered the SSTs in aquaplanet many times. The file you are looking for is models/atm/cam/src/ocnsice/dom/sst_data.F90. In this file, around line 524 the aquaplanet SST code begins. There is a variable called sst_option that is initially set equal to one. This calculates the original aquaplanet SST, which you will see if you scroll down about 50 lines. You can set sst_option to some other number and insert your own calculations using that other number as well.

Hope that helps.

Cathy