Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

-building warnings - /finclude’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xliu

Jon
Hi, I tried to build a cesm.exe, but found those warnings, shows missing a folder... is this norm or just ignore? thanks.

Building a single executable version of target coupled model
cat: Srcfiles: No such file or directory
/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/Tools/mkSrcfiles
cp -f Filepath Deppath
/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/Tools/mkDepends Deppath Srcfiles > Depends
mpif90 -c -I. -I/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/bld/gnu/openmpi/debug/nothreads/mct/include -I/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/bld/gnu/openmpi/debug/nothreads/mct/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1i1e1/include ... -I/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/main -I/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/bld/lib/include -fconvert=big-endian -ffree-line-length-none -ffixed-line-length-none -g -Wall -Og -fbacktrace -ffpe-trap=zero,overflow -fcheck=bounds -DLINUX -DCESMCOUPLED -DLINUX -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DNO_R16 -DCPRGNU -DDEBUG -DHAVE_MPI -DMCT_INTERFACE -DPIO1 -DHAVE_SLASHPROC -D_PNETCDF -DATM_PRESENT -DICE_PRESENT -DLND_PRESENT -DOCN_PRESENT -DROF_PRESENT -DGLC_PRESENT -DWAV_PRESENT -DESP_PRESENT -DMED_PRESENT -ffree-form -DUSE_CONTIGUOUS= /home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/main/seq_map_type_mod.F90
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/test1/bld/gnu/openmpi/debug/nothreads/mct/finclude’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/main/seq_io_mod.F90:297:35:

subroutine seq_io_enddef(filename,file_ind)
Warning: Unused dummy argument ‘filename’ at (1) [-Wunused-dummy-argument]
/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/main/seq_io_mod.F90:282:34:

subroutine seq_io_redef(filename,file_ind)
Warning: Unused dummy argument ‘filename’ at (1) [-Wunused-dummy-argument]
/home/liu/Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/main/seq_io_mod.F90:1956:0:
avcomp%rattr(k,:) = 0.0_r8

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Ok. It does look like Jim Edwards is responding here. He is the best person to debug this.

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
If mpirun isn't running normally it's likely due to a run-time error and unrelated to these compiler warnings. I would consider this issue closed and examine the issue where the actual run time errors are being talked about.

xliu

Jon
If mpirun isn't running normally it's likely due to a run-time error and unrelated to these compiler warnings. I would consider this issue closed and examine the issue where the actual run time errors are being talked about.
same issue with this one when i tried: ./create_newcase --case $case_path --compset X --res f45_g37 --mach liu
building the exe file looks ok, but miprun didn't run and return values..

dead_setNewGrid decomp 2d 30 92 69 70 1 46
m_GlobalSegMap::max_local_segs: bad segment location error, stat =1
000.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from m_GlobalSegMap::max_local_segs()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 2.
NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
OK, the run-time problems need to be posted in a different post, since the previous history doesn't relate to the current problem. So either add updates to another post or create a new post with your run-time problems.

I'm locking this thread so that we don't have to look at multiple posts to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.