CAM 4 output OLR

Dear Dr. :       I am a postgraduate of Nanjing university of China. I am using the cesm model  to research about the climate responses to the SST variabilities.     In the NCAR CAM 4 output field list(including 595 variables), I can't find the variable OLR (Outgoing long wave Radiation). The OLR is an important variable for the MJO research. There are relative variables like FLNS, FLNT, FLUT and so on.     I am not sure which is OLR or whether OLR can calculate from the listed variables.     Recently, I am using the CAM 5, the same problem still occurred.       how to get the OLR from the model output?     Thank you for the cesm model . Thank you for your efforts and sharing.     Thank you. 
 
Hi Dan,I googled "outgoing longwave radiation flut" and found this sentence:"the upward longwave flux FLUT (oftencalled outgoing longwave radiation or OLR)"in this paper:Efficient screening of climate model sensitivity to a large number of perturbed input parametersby Covey et al. (2013)They also used CAM. So naming convention should be the same.
 

Xiaoyun W

Xiaoyun Wang
New Member
Dear Dr. : I am a postgraduate of Nanjing university of China. I am using the cesm model to research about the climate responses to the SST variabilities. In the NCAR CAM 4 output field list(including 595 variables), I can't find the variable OLR (Outgoing long wave Radiation). The OLR is an important variable for the MJO research. There are relative variables like FLNS, FLNT, FLUT and so on. I am not sure which is OLR or whether OLR can calculate from the listed variables. Recently, I am using the CAM 5, the same problem still occurred. how to get the OLR from the model output? Thank you for the cesm model . Thank you for your efforts and sharing. Thank you.
Hi Dan,
I have the same problem. Have you solved it? Which is outward long wave radiation?
Any help is appreciated !

Best regards
Xiaoyun Wang
 
Back
Top