Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CAM Error: Input data root is not a directory or is not readable

namit7

Namit Rohidas Rohidas Choudhari
Hello everyone,

Good morning! I am using the CESM 2.2 version and CAM version 6. I am trying to do a pre-historical simulation from 1850 to 1900 with a B1850 compset and res f09_g17 resolution.

I have completed my default model run. However, I encountered an issue while simulating CAM from 1850 to 1900 - ERROR: input data root is not a directory or is not readable: shares/elshorbany_group/CESM/input_data. I am attaching the screenshot (with steps) for you to review. I tried to run a compset in the CESM 2.1.3 version, too, but it did not work.

Could anyone please help? I would appreciate some contributions.

Thank you,
Namit

Attachments

• B1850.jpg
    B1850.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 7

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Hi Namit,

Are you still having this issue?

Apologies if you've already tried all of this, but what happens if you run this command to navigate to the directory:
cd /shares/elshorbany_group/CESM/input_data
If that doesn't work, do you perhaps have a typo in the path?

If there is a typo and you want to correct the path, you can run (with <new path> as the corrected path):
./xmlchange DIN_LOC_ROOT="<new path>"

If you're still having issues, let me know and hopefully I'll have another recommendation. You may have to adjust the permissions on the input_data directory to enable CESM to access those files.

Courtney

namit7

Namit Rohidas Rohidas Choudhari
Hi Courtney,

The issues has been successfully resolved. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.