Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CAM simulation with SSTICE file in tx0.1v3 POP grid

lewisk

Dong Wan (Lewis) Kim
Hi,

My goal is to run Var-Res CAM with prescribed SST file in 1/10deg POP-grid. I have successfully done test simulation with the default 1x1 deg SSTICE file. However, the problem occurred when I tried the high resolution SST data file. I changed the SSTICE_DATA_FILENAME and SSTICE_GRID_FILENAME, so that the input data is in tx0.1v3 grid system and the designated grid file to be also tx0.1v3 grid file. The model does not run (without producing any error message) and just freezes. It seems that the model is just having some trouble reading the SSTICE file. The same situation occurred when I tried the regular CAM with the tx0.1v3 boundary condition grid.

Does anyone have some advice how to solve this issue?

Here are the last messages from cpl and ocn log.

cpl.log:
(component_init_cc:mct) : Initialize component ocn
ocn.log:
(shr_strdata_init_mapping) calling shr_dmodel_mapSet for fill

Thanks,
Lewis