Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Can you share your ideas regarding bias correction and downscaling the output of GCMs for sub-daily rainfall for the scenarios of CMIP6?

skaiser1084

Samiul Kaiser
I'm focusing on bias-correction and downscaling the output of GCMs (CESM2) for the scenarios of the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 6 (CMIP6)—shared socioeconomic pathways (SSPs). I intend to do it for sub-daily rainfall (i.e. 3-hr rainfall). Thus, I'm interested to learn basically about the concepts, methodologies, considerations, technical approaches(i.e. any programming codes or software). Can anyone please help me in this regard? To be honest I'm a bit new in this field so some basic conceptions can also be very helpful. I intend to work in R so codes in R would be better. Which statistical approaches would be better? Like Quantile mapping or SDSM?

strandwg

Staff member
I'm focusing on bias-correction and downscaling the output of GCMs (CESM2) for the scenarios of the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 6 (CMIP6)—shared socioeconomic pathways (SSPs). I intend to do it for sub-daily rainfall (i.e. 3-hr rainfall). Thus, I'm interested to learn basically about the concepts, methodologies, considerations, technical approaches(i.e. any programming codes or software). Can anyone please help me in this regard? To be honest I'm a bit new in this field so some basic conceptions can also be very helpful. I intend to work in R so codes in R would be better. Which statistical approaches would be better? Like Quantile mapping or SDSM?

You may want to start by reading

Bias-Corrected CMIP5 CESM Data in WRF/MPAS Intermediate File Format