Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cannot see "Submit job case.st_archive"

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Turns out that there are a couple of problems causing this. We'll let you know when they've been resolved.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Please see the message below from the CTSM-Lab team:

We are writing with an update about the CLM-NEON simulation tool. The location of the NEON data recently changed, which caused some problems with downloading the data required for the simulations. We have fixed the tool to point to the new location for NEON data. If you would like to continue using the CLM-NEON simulation tool, please run the following command in your terminal window to update the container:

docker pull escomp/ctsm-lab-2.3-preview

After you update the container, you can launch the Docker container the same way that you previously used:

docker run -it --rm -p 9999:8888 -v $HOME/Desktop/Simulations:/home/user escomp/ctsm-lab-2.3-preview

We have additional updates in the works, including a newer version of NEON data, additional tutorials for more advanced capabilities, and switching from CTSM-Lab to the more widely used CESM-Lab. Watch for those updates over the next several months!

Cornelllzq

Zhenqi Luo

We are writing with an update about the CLM-NEON simulation tool. The location of the NEON data recently changed, which caused some problems with downloading the data required for the simulations. We have fixed the tool to point to the new location for NEON data. If you would like to continue using the CLM-NEON simulation tool, please run the following command in your terminal window to update the container:

After you update the container, you can launch the Docker container the same way that you previously used:

docker run -it --rm -p 9999:8888 -v $HOME/Desktop/Simulations:/home/user escomp/ctsm-lab-2.3-preview

We have additional updates in the works, including a newer version of NEON data, additional tutorials for more advanced capabilities, and switching from CTSM-Lab to the more widely used CESM-Lab. Watch for those updates over the next several months!
Great to know! Looks forward to your updated version data!!

zzheng

Zhonghua Zheng

Many thanks!

zzheng

Zhonghua Zheng

Hi Keith,
I noticed that ctsm-lab-2.3-preview doesn't work for Mac M1 (ARM64). I am wondering if the team can use the docker "multiarch" to create images for Mac M1 and other users?
e.g.,
docker buildx build --platform linux/amd64,linux/arm64,linux/arm/v7 -t escomp/ctsm-lab-2.3-preview --push .

Thanks!
1650870489490.png

dobbins

Brian Dobbins
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Zhonghua,

I should be able to get my hands on an M1 Mac this week to do some testing -- my guess is your solution or a direct build will be a pretty easy fix, but I just want to make sure we try it out before sending it out. I'll provide an update in a few days.

Cheers,
- Brian

zzheng

Zhonghua Zheng
Hi Zhonghua,

I should be able to get my hands on an M1 Mac this week to do some testing -- my guess is your solution or a direct build will be a pretty easy fix, but I just want to make sure we try it out before sending it out. I'll provide an update in a few days.

Cheers,
- Brian
Thanks. Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Zhonghua

zzheng

Zhonghua Zheng
Hi @dobbins, I'm curious as to when I'll be able to locate the current version's Dockerfile? I'm considering building a new image for my project.

dobbins

Brian Dobbins
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
@zzheng Apologies for the delay - I just got the Mac M1 laptop today. I'll hope to test it over the next day or two and have something for you then.

Thomas Kavoo

Thomas Kavoo
Hello,
I am trying to download NEON site evaluation data using the following;
eval_dir = "/home/user/evaluation_files/"

download_eval_files(neon_site, eval_dir, "all")

unfortunately, when I run the code, I receive a very long error message
How can I be able to solve this issue and download data for different NEON sites?

Attachments

• screencapture-localhost-9999-lab-2022-07-27-12_21_34.png
    screencapture-localhost-9999-lab-2022-07-27-12_21_34.png
    291 KB · Views: 3