Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

can't locate LibXML perl module or libxml shared object

kyle.clem

Kyle Clem
Hello,
I am trying to build CESM2.1.1 on our linux cluster. LibXML perl module exists, and we've set PERL5LIB environment variable with xmlchange, and explicitly by exporting the variable. However, we are encountering an error in the build, looks like while building namelist, as shown below. Please note that the PERL5LIB path that we set is not included in @INC. Does anybody know what the problem may be?

Creating component namelists
Calling /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/cam//cime_config/buildnml
...calling cam buildcpp to set build time options
CAM namelist copy: file1 /nfs/home/clemky/CESM2.1.1/cases/b.day1.0/Buildconf/camconf/atm_in file2 /nfs/scratch/clemky/cesm/output/b.day1.0/run/atm_in
Calling /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm//cime_config/buildnml
ERROR: Command /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld/build-namelist failed rc=2
out=
err=Can't locate XML/LibXML.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib/Config/SetupTools.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib/Config/SetupTools.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld/CLMBuildNamelist.pm line 414.

yangx2

xinyi yang
Hi
Hello,
I am trying to build CESM2.1.1 on our linux cluster. LibXML perl module exists, and we've set PERL5LIB environment variable with xmlchange, and explicitly by exporting the variable. However, we are encountering an error in the build, looks like while building namelist, as shown below. Please note that the PERL5LIB path that we set is not included in @INC. Does anybody know what the problem may be?

CAM namelist copy: file1 /nfs/home/clemky/CESM2.1.1/cases/b.day1.0/Buildconf/camconf/atm_in file2 /nfs/scratch/clemky/cesm/output/b.day1.0/run/atm_in
ERROR: Command /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld/build-namelist failed rc=2
out=
err=Can't locate XML/LibXML.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib/Config/SetupTools.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/cime/utils/perl5lib/Config/SetupTools.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /home/software/apps/CESM2/2.1.1/components/clm/bld/CLMBuildNamelist.pm line 414.
I met the same error as you. Did you solve it?

zongy17

zongy17
I met the same problem as you. Did you solve it?
Hello,

out=

knreddy

K Narender Reddy
I have encountered the same error.
the solution would be to replace "cimeroot" in the line 353 of CLMBuildNamelist.pm. (I am using cesm2.1.1)

By doing this change I have overcome the error.

Mingjun

Mingjun
我遇到了同样的错误。
解决方案是替换 CLMBuildNamelist.pm 第 353 行中的“cimeroot”。(我使用的是cesm2.1.1)

通过做这个改变,我克服了这个错误。
Hello, I am encountering the same error. Could you please tell me what has replaced "cimeroot" in CMLBuildNamelist.pm? Thanks in advance.