Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Case.build error when trying T31_g37 grid on CESM2.1.3

ykp990521

ykp990521
Hello dears,
After porting CESM2.1.3 on hpc, I successfully run f19_g17 B1850 and f09_f09_mg17 F1850. However, when trying to run T31_g37 and T45_g37 under B1850, while building, error occured like that:
1634547043456.png

Was that due to that resolution is not supported by CESM2.1.3? Could you help me with that?

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
The error you get is because there is no initial condition (specified by ncdata) for that resolution. You would need to provide ncdata for that resolution.
Also be aware that it is not a supported resolution. These is no guarantee you will get a credible simulation at these resolutions without doing extra work.

ykp990521

ykp990521
The error you get is because there is no initial condition (specified by ncdata) for that resolution. You would need to provide ncdata for that resolution.
Also be aware that it is not a supported resolution. These is no guarantee you will get a credible simulation at these resolutions without doing extra work.
Thanks a lot for your reply, without your help I don't even know where such error comes from?
However, where could I provide(or download? I don't know yet) the needed ncdata (initial condition) for that resolution? It is just downloading the required data and put into the inputdata's root? Could you provide some guidance on that? Thanks a lot!