Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

case.run warnings..

xliu

Jon
Hi, can anyone help check this error matter? looks like warnings. I can find a nc file in /rest
This only works by running: ./case.run ./case.submit does not work.

Thanks,

Archiving cesm output to /home/liu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM1_2_2_1/projects/archive/test1
Calling the short-term archiving script st_archive.sh

st_archive.sh: start of short-term archiving
/home/liu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM1_2_2_1/projects/test1/Tools/st_archive.sh: 76: [: FALSE: unexpected operator
/home/liu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM1_2_2_1/projects/test1/Tools/st_archive.sh: 14: [: ifiles_n: unexpected operator
/home/liu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM1_2_2_1/projects/test1/Tools/st_archive.sh: 14: [: ifiles_n: unexpected operator
/home/liu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM1_2_2_1/projects/test1/Tools/st_archive.sh: 14: [: ifiles_y: unexpected operator
st_archive.sh: short-term archiving completed successfully

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hmmm. This is an older version of the model that isn't supported anymore since there are releases after it. If you could move to a newer version of the model that might be a better way around the problem.

But, suggestions to help debug the problem are to look at those lines in the st_archive.sh shell script file that it's complaining about. Lines 76 and 14. You also should work with the system administrators on the system you are running to get advice from them. If the script is functioning to move your files to the archive location, perhaps you don't need to worry. I would expect it to run the archive script as part of the submit, but there must be something going wrong there as well. But, if you can run it by hand, that's a functional, if not optimal, system.

xliu

Jon
Hmmm. This is an older version of the model that isn't supported anymore since there are releases after it. If you could move to a newer version of the model that might be a better way around the problem.

But, suggestions to help debug the problem are to look at those lines in the st_archive.sh shell script file that it's complaining about. Lines 76 and 14. You also should work with the system administrators on the system you are running to get advice from them. If the script is functioning to move your files to the archive location, perhaps you don't need to worry. I would expect it to run the archive script as part of the submit, but there must be something going wrong there as well. But, if you can run it by hand, that's a functional, if not optimal, system.

thanks, yes, I delete the '=', works good now.
I am playing the paleo so stick with 1.2 version.