Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CCSM control data?

Is the control run netcdf files available to the public? That would save a lot of time!!

What are the trace gas concentration and solar constant (although it should be 1367W/m2) of 1990 control. I want to do a modern run by changing something in cam namelist and keep everything else identical from NCAR's 1990 control.

:)

murphys

CCSM control runs are being placed on the earth system grid for dissemination.

go to
"http://www.earthsystemgrid.org"

You will need to register and indicate that you want ccsm data in order to get access to that side of the repository.

I will get our atmos person to answer your configuration question.

sylvia

strandwg

Staff member
orion said:
How can I request a ESG account without ESG contact person?

You don't strictly need an ESG contact when you fill out the form, however, a legitimate email address and a suitable statement of work are required.

thanks for the reply.
It sounds strange but I was unable to submit the form without filling in contact person. I got the message as follow: contact person cannot be null or empty.

strandwg

Staff member
orion said:
thanks for the reply.
It sounds strange but I was unable to submit the form without filling in contact person. I got the message as follow: contact person cannot be null or empty.

We've had people use "???" and that's OK.