Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CCSM3 on PGI-Linux

Hello All,

I'm trying to compile CCSm3.0 on a PGI Linux cluster. The thing is that the source code in cpl and shr directory is written in the "free format" while when it comes to the source code in "CSIM", it's in both "free" as well as "fixed format" I think and there are compilation errors when I run CASE.exe.build. This is the kinda error I get

PGF90-S-0310-Illegal statement in the specification part of a MODULE (/myst/Users/karthik/ccsm3_0/models/ice/csim4/src/source/ice_kinds_mod.F: 32)

I get the feeling that it's got to do with putting the right flags in the makefile or do I have to compile CSIM separately. Can you please tell me how I can solve this problem? Thanks!