Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM 1_2_0 rtm.buildnml.csh for branch run

Hi,

I was trying to start a branch run in cesm 1_2_0.
When setting up cesm_setup, there was an error occurred:

--------------------------
ERROR(Build::Namelist::_parse_next): expect a equal '=' sign instead got: .rtm.r.0110-01-05-00000.nc
ERROR: rtm.buildnml.csh failed

So I checked the $CASEROOT/Buildconf/rtm.buildnml.csh and found the below paragraph:
if ($RUN_TYPE == 'branch') then
set nrevsn_rtm = "${RUN_REFCASE}.rtm${inst_string}.r.${RUN_REFDATE}-${RUN_REFTOD}.nc"
if( -e "$RUNDIR/$nrevsn_rtm") then
set nrevsn_rtm = "nrevsn_rtm='$nrevsn_rtm'"
else
set nrevsn_rtm = "${RUN_REFCASE}.rtm.r.${RUN_REFDATE}-${RUN_REFTOD}.nc" #####
endif
if ($GET_REFCASE == 'TRUE') then
set refdir = "$DIN_LOC_ROOT/ccsm4_init/$RUN_REFCASE/$RUN_REFDATE"
ls $refdir/*rtm* >& /dev/null
if ( $status != 0 ) then
set nrevsn_rtm = "nrevsn_rtm ='${RUN_REFCASE}.clm2.r.${RUN_REFDATE}-${RUN_REFTOD}.nc'"
endif
endif
endif
I then edited line ##### into:
set nrevsn_rtm = "nrevsn_rtm='${RUN_REFCASE}.rtm.r.${RUN_REFDATE}-${RUN_REFTOD}.nc'"
after that the cesm_setup could complete without an error!

I wondered if the bug only happens to me or not, since I searched the forum and didn't find people reporting the issue.

Best,
Zaiyu

santos

I hit this bug a while ago, and I worked around it it the same way that you did. I believe that the RTM development version is now fixed, so that will make it into next year's release of CESM.