Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM resolution problem

maruf2812

Montasir Maruf
I was trying to run CTSM cases and looking for 27 km resolution model. I tried this one (./create_newcase --case /glade/u/home/maruf/CLM_test4 --compset I2000Ctsm50NwpBgcCropGswp --res f10_f10_musgs) and found the resolution is very low. Since f10_f10 is not working for me, what can I change for 27 km resolution model run.

Thank you!!

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The list of supported resolutions depends on the CESM release version. "f10_f10_musgs" is one of the coarsest resolutions with cells that are 10 degrees in latitude and 15 degrees in longitude. To get a list of resolutions you can use the "query_config" tool with "--grids" to list all the possible supported resolutions. Note, that CTSM datasets are not provided for every one of those resolutions however. And we don't have a 27 km resolution option available out of the box. As a matter of fact you are likely going to need to a create surface dataset if you need to run at something near that resolution. The CTSM User's Guide talks about how to create surface datasets. A resolution that would be close to what you want is the quarter degree resolution (for example f02_g17). But, most likely you will need to create surface datasets for it.