Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM run stuck at remap (shr_strdata_init_mapping) calling shr_dmodel_mapSet

deepsbanerjee

Deep Sankar Banerjee
Hello!

I am facing problems when using high-resolution atmospheric forcing (1440 x 721) in the datm component while running NEMO-CICE configuration.
Initially, with my default flags for compilation, it showed a segmentation fault.
The message was "[n086:344621:0:344621] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault: address not mapped to object at address 0x2ae430e86680)"
It was also producing a core.* file in the end.

Subsequently, I added a flag -heap-arrays after which it is not getting out of the process but stuck for an indefinitely long time while
remapping the first file from the data stream at
remap (shr_strdata_init_mapping) calling shr_dmodel_mapSet

Also, it should be noted, that if I use any other low-res forcing with its concerned domain.lnd.* file it is working perfectly fine.

I will be highly obliged if anybody can help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance!

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm guessing you are running out of memory for the high resolution case. So you likely need to give your simulation more processors. Most of the memory in our system scale with the number of processors, so you likely need to increase how many you are using.