Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cesm2.0 Simulation case Stop

CESM researcher

HW doctor
Hello,I also encountered a strange problem,I am running a case:A_WCYCL1850S_CMIP6.ne30_oECv3_ICG.,from 1960-2020year ,but Simulation stopped in 2012,Something puzzling , the case is still running on the computer ,but Already Simulation stopped. No more simulation results. Who knows what happened, can you give me some advice,Thanks in advance

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
A couple questions. What version of the CESM are you running? Is this truly an "A" compset which is all data models? If this is true, then what forcing are you using in the DATM?

CESM researcher

HW doctor
A couple questions. What version of the CESM are you running? Is this truly an "A" compset which is all data models? If this is true, then what forcing are you using in the DATM?
Hello dbailey ,Since the question is not clear, I am very sorry for the confusion caused to you. I am running E3SM1.0,use forcing data of cesm1.2 version,"atm_forcing.datm7.Qian.T62.c080727 ",include:
Precip6Hrly Solar6Hrly TmpPrsHumWnd3Hrly(time:1948_01——2004_12). can you give me some advice,Thanks in advance

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You should have some lines in datm_in like:

streams = "datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.GISS 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.GXGXS 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.NCEP 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_1850 1 1 1"
taxmode = "cycle", "cycle", "cycle", "cycle"
tintalgo = "linear", "linear", "linear", "linear"

What do these look like for your run? The Qian data goes through what year? The data model with either loop around to the start of the forcing (cycle) or just stop at the final year of the data. It may just be that the forcing data end in 2012 and the model run stops.

CESM researcher

HW doctor
You should have some lines in datm_in like:

streams = "datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.GISS 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.GXGXS 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.CORE2_NYF.NCEP 1 1 1",
"datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_1850 1 1 1"
taxmode = "cycle", "cycle", "cycle", "cycle"
tintalgo = "linear", "linear", "linear", "linear"

What do these look like for your run? The Qian data goes through what year? The data model with either loop around to the start of the forcing (cycle) or just stop at the final year of the data. It may just be that the forcing data end in 2012 and the model run stops.
This datm_in was not found in the running case,maybe not.You mean because my datm data is 1948-2004,“The data model with either loop around to the start of the forcing (cycle)”It is because the scope of the mandatory cycle period of the case design is 22 years,so Model will stop simulation. Iunderstanding correctly? Thanks in advance

CESM researcher

HW doctor
I'm not sure what is happening in your case. Look under CaseDocs for the datm_in.
When I knew that the model had stopped the simulation, I stopped the task, and then re-submitted the task from 2010 when the simulation was interrupted, but the results of the two times remained the same. The simulation did not start in 2010.Attached CaseDocs,Did not find the datm_in .I uploaded the e3sm.log about the case. It appears soil balance error.Could it be caused by this reason?

Attachments

• {EDBPS%3_A7E[U`92MEV(QK.png
    {EDBPS%3_A7E[U`92MEV(QK.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 5
  • e3sm.log.5965.png
    e3sm.log.5965.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 6

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The soil balance thing is just an information message. I'll bring in some land folks here to see if they can answer it.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Actually after conferring with some of my colleagues, we would recommend you contact the E3SM support folks: