Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2.1.0 case.build error with CSM_share shr_infnan_mod.F90

Hi All,        I'm trying to port the new CESM2.1.0 release to our cluster but the case.build step got stuck with a strange problem with CSM_share. Below are some information on our cluster and environment:Compilers: intel icc & ifort & mpiifort 18.0.3Netcdf: netcdf-4.4.1.1 & netcdf-fortran-4.4.4Python 2.7.15job management: Slurm         [/list]more details can be found in the xml files.      I tried to follow the simple quick start to build the case FHIST using "./create_newcase--casetest_FHIST--resf09_f09_mg17--compsetFHIST". I'm able to create and set up the case. But when I build the case using case.build, it ran into some error when compiling CSM_share. the error is as follows The code generator genf90.pl generates the  shr_infnan_mod.F90 from  /umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in > shr_infnan_mod.F90 The following codes in  shr_infnan_mod.F90.in! Locally defined isnan.  #ifndef HAVE_IEEE_ARITHMETIC  interface shr_infnan_isnan     ! TYPE double,real     module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_{TYPE} end interface #endifbecome the following in shr_infnan_mod.F90! Locally defined isnan.   #ifndef HAVE_IEEE_ARITHMETIC   # 70 "/umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in"   interface shr_infnan_isnan     ! TYPE double,real     module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_double      ! TYPE double,real      module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_real 1end interface  #endif Somehow, the compiler doesn't know how to handle these lines and gave the error    /umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in(72): error #7950: Procedure name in MODULE PROCEDURE statement must be the name of accessible module procedure.   [SHR_INFNAN_ISNAN_DOUBLE]     module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_double  --------------------^  /umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in(74): error #7950: Procedure name in MODULE PROCEDURE statement must be the name of accessible module procedure.   [SHR_INFNAN_ISNAN_REAL]   module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_real --------------------^  /umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in(72): error #7407: Unresolved MODULE PROCEDURE specification name.   [SHR_INFNAN_ISNAN_DOUBLE]     module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_double --------------------^ /umbc/xfs1/zzbatmos/common/Codes/cesm2.0.1/cime/src/share/util/shr_infnan_mod.F90.in(74): error #7407: Unresolved MODULE PROCEDURE specification name.   [SHR_INFNAN_ISNAN_REAL]     module procedure shr_infnan_isnan_real Anyone had the same problem? Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

jedwards,     Thank you so much for your suggestions and help. I will check the procedures you recommended. In the meanwhile, attached is the generated shr_infnan_mod.F90 file for your information. Let me know if anything else could be helpful. Thanks 

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
In config_compilers.xml replace
Code:

-DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DNO_R16 with           -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DCPRINTEL   You can also try updating to our latest cime code for cesm2 bycd cesm/cimegit checkout maint-5.6git pull origin maint-5.6