Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2.1.3 building error in CISM2%NOEVOLVE

Mickey

ma mengmeng
Hi, everyone! When I build BHIST component in CESM2.1.3, I always get a error in ./case.build (As shown in the attached picture) , but when I changed the CISM2%NOEVOLVE in the case to SGLC,it will build successfully. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you!

ca2e2e363db046af254d652fc51b8ef.png

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The question is why are you not getting config.inc, the error is earlier in the logs. Try completly removing the bld directory and building from scratch.

Mickey

ma mengmeng
Hi, jedwards, thank you for your advice, I have tried to do so, but it is still the same mistake, do you have any other suggestions for me to try? And I would like to ask what is the final difference between SGLC and CISM2%NOEVOLVE in the BHIST case.Thanks again and best wishes for you!

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
SGLC is a stub - it does nothing. CISM2 is a glacier model but noevolve means that it doesn't change over the course of the model run.
I think you would be fine running with SGLC.