Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2 ./case.build ERROR

USER_M

USER_M
my cesm version is 2.1.3. I'm running the test case post on CESM2 quick start guide (b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test --compset B1850 --res f19_g17). I download the inputdata manually because of the low script download speed.
when I running the ./case.build part, some errors have occurred.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File not found: grid_file = "/home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/output/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v7/grid/horiz_grid_20010402.ieeer8", will attempt to download in check_input_data phase (there are dozens of errors like this)
ERROR: /home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.gptl FAILED, cat /home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/output/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test/bld/gptl.bldlog.200319-021631
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the content of gptl.bldlog.200319-021631 is
cannot import name get_standard_makefile_args
Thank you all for helping me!

ucas_qs

qiushi Zhang
my cesm version is 2.1.3. I'm running the test case post on CESM2 quick start guide (b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test --compset B1850 --res f19_g17). I download the inputdata manually because of the low script download speed.
File not found: grid_file = "/home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/output/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v7/grid/horiz_grid_20010402.ieeer8", will attempt to download in check_input_data phase (there are dozens of errors like this)
ERROR: /home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.gptl FAILED, cat /home/mdy123/Desktop/my_cesm_sandbox/output/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test/bld/gptl.bldlog.200319-021631
Perhaps the server network is poor and can't download the required input files automatically, you can download them manually and then upload them to the appropriate directory. You can do . /check_input_data to check if the input data is complete.

ykp990521

ykp990521
Hello, I have encountered the same problem, have you solved it? Thanks a lot!