Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2 CMIP6 output tasmax and tasmin

chenliang08

Liang
Hi CESM users,

I was looking for CESM2 CMIP6 output of tasmax and tasmin (daily maximum and minimum near-surface temperature) on Cheyenne and ESGF. However, I could not find those variables for the historical simulations. Does anyone know if they are available? I did see tasmax and tasmin for ScenarioMIP. Thanks in advance.

-Liang

strandwg

Staff member
Hi CESM users,

I was looking for CESM2 CMIP6 output of tasmax and tasmin (daily maximum and minimum near-surface temperature) on Cheyenne and ESGF. However, I could not find those variables for the historical simulations. Does anyone know if they are available? I did see tasmax and tasmin for ScenarioMIP. Thanks in advance.

-Liang

Due to a model configuration error, only a small number of correct daily tasmin/tasmax are available via ESGF. Apologies.

gergel86

Diana Gergel
I am wondering if there has been any update to this in the past six months? I am also on the hunt for CESM2 CMIP6 output for tasmax and tasmin. Is there any additional availability of output files on NCAR servers?

strandwg

Staff member
I am wondering if there has been any update to this in the past six months? I am also on the hunt for CESM2 CMIP6 output for tasmax and tasmin. Is there any additional availability of output files on NCAR servers?

Sorry, but these data aren't available and won't be from the CMIP6 runs.