Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CICE - Help with errors from conda macos CICE build

pwongpan

Pat
Hi All,

I just installed CICE and follow the conda setup on macos

./cice.setup -m conda -e macos -p 1x1 -c ~/cice-dirs/cases/case1

./cice.setup:

ICE_SANDBOX = /Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE

ICE_CASENAME = case1

ICE_CASEDIR = /Users/pwongpan/cice-dirs/cases/case1

ICE_MACHINE = conda

ICE_ENVNAME = macos

ICE_RUNDIR = /Users/pwongpan/cice-dirs/runs/case1

ICE_PES = 1x1

ICE_GRID = gx3 (100x116) blocksize=100x116x1

ICE_DECOMP = cartesian slenderX2

adding namelist mods set_nml.gx3

running parse_settings.sh

running parse_namelist.sh

running parse_namelist_from_env.sh

running cice.run.setup.csh

running cice.batch.csh (creating cice.run)

running cice.launch.csh

./cice.setup done
However, during the ./cice.build I got these errors
gfortran -c -fconvert=big-endian -fbacktrace -ffree-line-length-none -O2 -ffree-form -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DUSE_NETCDF -I. -I/Users/pwongpan/opt/anaconda3/envs/cice/include /Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE/cicecore/cicedynB/infrastructure/ice_grid.F90

/Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE/cicecore/cicedynB/infrastructure/ice_grid.F90:2551:52:

2551 | call icepack_query_parameters(calc_dragio_out=calc_dragio)

Error: Keyword argument ‘calc_dragio_out’ at (1) is not in the procedure; did you mean ‘calc_strair_out’?

/Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE/cicecore/cicedynB/infrastructure/ice_grid.F90:2553:62:

2553 | call icepack_init_parameters(thickness_ocn_layer1_in=thick(1))

Error: Keyword argument ‘thickness_ocn_layer1_in’ at (1) is not in the procedure

/Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE/cicecore/cicedynB/infrastructure/ice_grid.F90:2420:67:

2420 | call icepack_query_parameters(puny_out=puny, calc_dragio_out=calc_dragio)

Error: Keyword argument ‘calc_dragio_out’ at (1) is not in the procedure; did you mean ‘calc_strair_out’?

/Users/pwongpan/Documents/GitHub/CICE/cicecore/cicedynB/infrastructure/ice_grid.F90:2402:20:

2402 | thick = (/ & ! ocean layer thickness, m

Error: Keyword argument ‘thickness_ocn_layer1_in’ at (1) is not in the procedure

make: *** [/Users/pwongpan/cice-dirs/cases/case1/Makefile:177: ice_grid.o] Error 1

./cice.build: COMPILE FAILED, see

cat /Users/pwongpan/cice-dirs/runs/case1/compile/cice.bldlog.220405-192747
Could you kindly help me with this? I attached the bldlog file. Thanks in advance.

pwongpan

Pat
The issue was resolved. The issue was the icepack submodule was the older version due to my Github Desktop set up. Now it has been running fine. Thanks again.