Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cice initial condition num records issue

zlm1@psu_edu

I have been trying to run some B compsets, but when it tries to read the cice initial condition I get, for example, this error:
    input statement requires too much data, unit 82, file $DIN_LOC_ROOT/ice/cice/iced.0001-01-01.gx1v6_20080212I have confirmed that those input files are present in my DIN_LOC_ROOT and not empty. Is there another run setting I need to set for this to work?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Whoah. What version of the code are you using? This is one of the old binary initial files. We've moved to netCDF as of CCSM4.Dave

zlm1@psu_edu

Ah, I see. I am using CESM 1.2.2. That file was the default ice IC for B_2000. I was able to get it to run with a different ice IC that is netCDF (the default from B_1850 compset). But I wondering, is there a tool to convert that binary one to the newer format? Or a different ice IC that should be the default?Thanks.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
So, we haven't done B2000 with this version of the code. I didn't realize the initial state for this was wrong. Sorry about that. I would use the B1850 initial file, or you could use a large-ensemble (LENS) 20th century state. How is the rest of the model initialized?Dave