Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CLM5 build error

luojx

luojx
Dear all, I have a problem with ./case.build.
In file included from .../cesm2/cime/src/share/RandNum/src/dsfmt_f03/dSFMT_utils.c:1:0:
.../cesm2/output/case4/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1e1/include/dSFMT.h:46:4: warning: #warning "DSFMT_MEXP is not defined. I assume DSFMT_MEXP is 19937."
.../cesm2/cime/src/share/RandNum/src/kissvec/kissvec.c:21:30: error: restrict undeclared here (not in a function) void kiss_rng(uint32_t seed1[restrict], uint32_t seed2[restrict]
I tried several versions of mpich, but still got the same problem. Any hints how do I solve the problem?
Thank you very much.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This seems like a porting problem so moving it to the Infrastructure Forum.
But I suggest providing the following information as requested:

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This is a compiler issue not an mpi library issue, so changing mpich versions will not be effective. Please provide the information requested above
including compiler and compiler version along with the clm (and/or cesm) model version

luojx

luojx
This is a compiler issue not an mpi library issue, so changing mpich versions will not be effective. Please provide the information requested above
including compiler and compiler version along with the clm (and/or cesm) model version
Thank you for the reply. The compilers I use in the porting are gcc-4.8.5 and gfortran-4.8.5. The mochine is named as 'han'. The model information is as follow:
M ./cime
modified sandbox, on cime5.6.33
./components/cism
clean sandbox, on cism-release-cesm2.1.2_02
./components/cism/source_cism
clean sandbox, on release-cism2.1.03
./components/mosart
clean sandbox, on release-cesm2.0.04
./components/rtm
clean sandbox, on release-cesm2.0.04
e-o ./doc/doc-builder
-, not checked out --> v1.0.4
./src/fates
clean sandbox, on sci.1.30.0_api.8.0.0
./tools/PTCLM
clean sandbox, on PTCLM2_20200121

Attachments

• config_compilers.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
  • config_machines.txt
    4 KB · Views: 2

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
gcc-4.8.5 is too old and is not supported. Please update to the latest gcc compiler or try the intel compiler which is now available without charge.

luojx

luojx
gcc-4.8.5 is too old and is not supported. Please update to the latest gcc compiler or try the intel compiler which is now available without charge.
Thank you again. I tried the intel compiler (version: 19.0.5.281), but still got a problem.
/home/jxluo/moshi/clm5.0/cime/src/share/util/shr_sys_mod.F90(91): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [SYSTEM]
rcode = system(str)
The case build log and porting files are in the attachment.

Attachments

• case.build.log.txt
    74.3 KB · Views: 3
  • config_compilers.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
  • config_machines.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 3

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
When you changed compilers did you create a new case? The build system thinks you are still using the gnu compiler.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks as if you did a cut and paste of the gnu section of config_compilers and then just replaced gnu with intel.

luojx

luojx
It looks as if you did a cut and paste of the gnu section of config_compilers and then just replaced gnu with intel.
I created a new case after changing compilers, and then got the problem above. I installed a new version of netcdf and mpich with intel compiler and succeeded, but still got a gnu error while building a new case.