Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

compilation aborted when building cesm1.0.3 on NOAA JET (linux 64x86)

zhu66

Hi all,

I am trying to configure and build CESM1.0.3 on Jet of NOAA, which is a linux (64x86) based cluster with intel 11.1 compiler. I have met a problem when building it, the following is error message:

ERROR: cam.buildexe.csh failed, see /mnt/lfs0/projects/co2/zhuxiao/CESM1.0.3/cesm1_0/scratchroot/A1B_co2/A1B_co2/run/atm.bldlog.110831-220547
ERROR: cat /mnt/lfs0/projects/co2/zhuxiao/CESM1.0.3/cesm1_0/scratchroot/A1B_co2/A1B_co2/run/atm.bldlog.110831-220547

The compilation error message in atm.bldlog is something as following:

/mnt/lfs0/projects/co2/zhuxiao/CESM1.0.3/cesm1_0/models/atm/cam/src/physics/cam/uwshcu.F90(76): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'CALL' when expecting one of: ( * ) :: , ; + . - % (/ [ : ] /) . ' ** / ...
call addfld( 'ufrclcl_Cu' , 'fraction', 1 , 'A' , 'Cumulus fraction at LCL' , phys_decomp )
----^
/mnt/lfs0/projects/co2/zhuxiao/CESM1.0.3/cesm1_0/models/atm/cam/src/physics/cam/uwshcu.F90(75): error #6409: This name has already been used as an external procedure name. [ADDFLD]
call addfld( 'ufrcinvbase_Cu' , 'fraction', 1 , 'A' , 'Cumulus fraction at PBL top' , phys_decomp )&
---------^

I checked the specific subroutine(uwshcu.F90), it seems no problem and only some lines with a space before 'Enter' to next line. while this does matter, after I delete the space in that line and rebuild, it seems o.k, while such kind of error message will appear when compile another subroutine. Who can tell me what is the problem? Should I download a lower version of Intel compiler? Since in user's guide, CESM Software/Operating System Prerequisites recommend the generic linux machine: ifort (intel64) 10.1.018, icc 10.1.018, openmpi. 1.2.8

Any comment and suggestion will be appreciate very much!

Zhuxiao

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like you have an extra continuation character (&) at the end of the line.

call addfld( 'ufrcinvbase_Cu' , 'fraction', 1 , 'A' , 'Cumulus fraction at PBL top' , phys_decomp )&